A guest post simply means writing a piece of content and publishing it on someone else’s website or blog. It’s a great way to direct quality traffic to your own website or blog. A guest post also helps build authority, enhancing the exposure to a specific niche, and building quality links. Guest posting, when done within Google’s guidelines can help improve the S.E.O for a website and increases the chances to feature on the first page of a Search Engine Result Pages.
In this article, I will list out top 25 quality websites accepting guest posts in 2018 and where you can pitch and submit your post;
1. A List Apart
They do not encourage you to send a pitch or a press release. You would rather write a quality article anywhere between 600-2500 words, depending on the complexity of the subject. You can submit a partial or a rough draft of your article, summarizing it along with a reason why your post would matter to their readers. Consider the following important tips before you send them your piece of content;
• Your submission should be bold, interesting, and engaging to the readers
• It should be written for an audience ranging from the designers, Content Strategists, Developers, Information Architects, etc.
• Your article should be supported with convincing arguments and not just opinions.
You can submit your article on [email protected] ‘A List Apart’ prefers submission as Google Document so that their editors can provide feedback and guidance, directly within your draft. If your submission is accepted, an editor will work closely with you on things like style and augmentation.
2. The Daily Positive
Individual bloggers can submit an original article which is not previously published anywhere else, including your own website. You are welcome to submit an article in your area of expertise which fit in any of the below categories.
• Career and Business
• Society and Activism
In the body of your article, you should include;
• At least word count of 600.
• Sub-Headings to make it easier for readers to follow the flow of ideas.
• Short paragraphs of 2-3 sentences each.
• Some inspirational quotes related to the topic.
• Article references like data, facts, statistics, etc.
What you Should NOT include in your article?
• Links to your own website inside the body of your article.
• Send articles that have been, or will be published elsewhere.
• Vague or Surface Level Articles.
• Promotional Articles
• Topic Ideas
You can submit your article within the body of the email itself and send it on [email protected], in the order as mentioned below;
1. Title of your article.
2. The article text
3. Your Bio in up to 120 words.
4. Link to your website
5. Link to your social media profiles.
3. The Alternative
The Alternative’ has worked with more than 450 writers and have published more than 1500 stories. Listed are the popular content areas and themes you can write on;
1. Conservation, waste management, and related sustainability initiatives.
2. Reviews, Opinion Pieces about a movie, a book or a piece of art.
3. Collection of stories about your city that no one knows about.
4. Your love for travel and photography
5. Your experience in bringing up or educating children
6. Awareness about autism, different abilities, adoption, geriatric care, and urban poverty.
7. Challenges, innovations, and realities of working with social development ground issues.
You can drop an email with your pitch to [email protected] with your blog name and description and they will get back to you.
4. WP Mobile Pack
This publisher also accepts guest posts with a goal to deliver quality content to other fellows, the developers or simple WordPress users. Before writing the article on their website, make sure to share practical examples so that the readers can gain new ideas and insights and the know-how of how those ideas can be put to practice. Try to write a content of about 1000 words to boost the chances of getting your article published with them. Some examples of how you can show your expertise to them are by including amongst these few phrases in your article;
• Mistakes I have made.
• Things I have learned.
• Things I had known earlier.
You can get in touch with them on https://wpmobilepack.com/contact.html and include the following;
• URL to any articles that show your skills.
• 2-3 suggestions about the topics you would be interested to write about.
• A rough draft(if any) in the form of a plain text or HTML format.
5. ChatterBuzz Media
Chatter Buzz accepts the guest post in the field of digital marketing which can share the advanced and in-depth topics which their readers can embrace and learn something new.
They would like you to provide an engaging, smart and innovative article on a wide range of digital marketing topics like;
• Advanced Link Building Tactics
• Advanced Analytics
• Conversion Rate Optimization
• Growth Hacking
• Marketing Automation
• Paid Search
• Social Media Advertising Hacks
They would like you to include no fewer than 1500 words on your in-depth article and your article should not have been published before. Include H2 and H3 Title tags and at least 6-7 relevant images.
You should also provide supporting facts in terms of numbers. Who doesn’t love data after all!!
To submit your article to them, Visit https://www.chatterbuzzmedia.com/write-for-us/, read the guidelines very carefully, scroll down to the bottom of the page, fill up the form and wait for their revert.
6. Web firm
Webfirm is an Australian digital agency that publishes thought-provoking and informative content aiming to educate its readers on various things related to digital marketing and web design.
What they are looking for?
Any article related to digital marketing as long as it is relevant to the Australian audience.
Anything exciting in the world of Google such as a recent update or rends, etc.
Articles related to web design, web hosting, and content management systems.
TODO Guest Blog Submission Guidelines;
Articles are written for the Australian audience and targeted primarily to business owners.
Need to have a word count of 500 and above.
Content should be written in either British or an Australian English.
The content should be written in the third person.
You should submit web-friendly content including sub-headings, short paragraphs, and any relevant images.
While writing your article, Try NOT TO:
Stuff Keywords, which is considered a black hat practice.
Include Spammy and Self-Promotional information.
Include previously published articles
Use excessive grammatical errors.
Include information that is inaccurate.
You can submit your article to Web firm by visiting https://www.webfirm.com/write-for-us/
Read their guidelines, scroll down to the bottom of the page, fill up the form and hit’Submit’.
Other related websites where you can write blog posts are mentioned below;
20. The Diplomat
25. Food Tank
Guest posting is one of the most effective ways to create backlinking opportunity as well as establish yourself as a thought leader in your niche. You can easily refer to the above list and look for relevant websites in your niche. I thank you for your time and hope you found the information in this article. Feel free to comment if you have any queries or suggestions.