As a website owner or a blogger, you would often hear about link building and its importance to rank higher in the search engine result page. A link building is a technique wherein the external web pages link to one or the other page of your website. To be a successful blogger, you need to consistently earn good links from authoritative and relevant (to your niche) sites.
Nowadays, Google doesn’t care how engaging your content is. What it does care about is how other businesses perceive your content. How it does is utilizing ‘Backlinks.’ Backlinking is one of the most crucial off-page SEO ranking factors where Google webmaster receives quality signals and help your content rank higher in the search results. The more the number of backlinks to your website, the more your webpage ranks higher.
Google had mentioned that “In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their websites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages.”
The key to effective link building is to set off creating great content with manually and proactively building links. To outperform your competition for a higher rank on the search engine result page, you need to typically get approximately the same number of backlinks as that of the competition websites.
List of link building tactics that you can work out for your website
1. Link Reclamation
This link building tactic is one of the best and involves a low-investment as compared to other related methods. One of the ways you can acquire links quickly is when people have already mentioned your brand, your products or your services on the web. You can approach them and ask for a link back to your website. One of the critical factors to scale low-risk building tactic is by building a meaningful relationship with other bloggers, partners, influencers and so on.
2. Guest Posting
- A guest post is an article or a blog post which you can attempt to write on a high authority website in your niche.
- You can refer to my section on the list of quality websites offering guest post opportunities, or you can also find those relevant websites on Google search engine result pages.
- Just Type “Write for us: your blog or a business niche,” e.g., Travel, Food, Health, etc. and Google will display the top results which you can always expand by changing the settings to view 100 search results each page.
- Visit those websites one by one, follow their guest blog guidelines and start writing quality content for them.
This method is the most effective way to earn quality backlinks to your website.
- Other rewards include; Brand Promotion, where people get to know about you and your brand. Not to mention, Social Media Penetration, which involves promotion of your guest post throughout social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.