As a website owner or a blogger, you would often hear about link building and its importance to rank higher in the search engine result page. A link building is a technique wherein the external web pages link to one or the other page of your website. To be a successful blogger, you need to consistently earn good links from authoritative and relevant (to your niche) sites.
Nowadays, Google doesn’t care how engaging your content is. What it does care about is how other businesses perceive your content. How it does is utilizing ‘Backlinks.’ Backlinking is one of the most crucial off-page SEO ranking factors where Google webmaster receives quality signals and help your content rank higher in the search results. The more the number of backlinks to your website, the more your webpage ranks higher.
Google had mentioned that “In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their websites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages.”
The key to effective link building is to set off creating great content with manually and proactively building links. To outperform your competition for a higher rank on the search engine result page, you need to typically get approximately the same number of backlinks as that of the competition websites.
List of link building tactics that you can work out for your website
1. Link Reclamation
This link building tactic is one of the best and involves a low-investment as compared to other related methods. One of the ways you can acquire links quickly is when people have already mentioned your brand, your products or your services on the web. You can approach them and ask for a link back to your website. One of the critical factors to scale low-risk building tactic is by building a meaningful relationship with other bloggers, partners, influencers and so on.
2. Guest Posting
- A guest post is an article or a blog post which you can attempt to write on a high authority website in your niche.
- You can refer to my section on the list of quality websites offering guest post opportunities, or you can also find those relevant websites on Google search engine result pages.
- Just Type “Write for us: your blog or a business niche,” e.g., Travel, Food, Health, etc. and Google will display the top results which you can always expand by changing the settings to view 100 search results each page.
- Visit those websites one by one, follow their guest blog guidelines and start writing quality content for them.
This method is the most effective way to earn quality backlinks to your website.
- Other rewards include; Brand Promotion, where people get to know about you and your brand. Not to mention, Social Media Penetration, which involves promotion of your guest post throughout social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
3. DoFollow Forums
Forums can be another great way to promote your website or a blog to a high domain authority website. Before you go ahead and log into a forum, always remember to offer value to other members of the discussion.
That way, you build a great deal of trust with those members, making them check your website. You would require to register with each of these forums to contribute.
Make sure you contribute to all discussions in the forum and try to establish a professional relationship with the members.
Also, read their guidelines before joining the debate in a particular forum related to your niche. You can refer to some of these quality forums where you can get backlinks from;
4. Blog Commenting
Blog commenting is another good source to earn quality back-links from blogging sites, provided you do it the right way. Use your comments to connect with real people and build relationships with them.
When you comment on a blog post, you establish yourself as a brand and manage to grab the attention of people in your niche.
When you attempt to include a link to your website by making use of blog commenting, make sure that the link is relevant to the post you are discussing.
Don’t just randomly comment on a post without going through the article and make sure you share your opinion about something relevant to that article. That way, readers would perceive you as an expert, and you can expect to get good back-links.
One way to find relevant blogs to comment on is a free tool called Drop My Link. The second obvious way to find such blogs on the internet is through a Google search; type “inurl: blog” and the list will appear on the search result.
You can include a signature in the form of your blog link (www.example.com). Also, you can use post links to drive traffic to your blog.
Why is link building important for SEO?
- Link building is one of the significant factors which influence the search engines to assess the quality of your content in the form of signals from the webmasters.
- Google states that “Webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of back-links from the quality sites.”
- Once your content earns a substantial amount of high-quality backlinks, your website manages to win three important off-page ranking signals namely; Link Authority, Link Diversity, and the number of backlinks.
- If two websites are compared regarding content and style, search engines are designed to choose the site having more inbound links, provided they are from comparatively high authoritative sites.
- Back-links assist in attracting the targeted audience to your website and improving your website’s popularity as well.
- Link Building adds credibility to your website or a blog. If an article or a blog post points to your site as an expert on a particular topic, you earn authority in your industry, and you manage to establish trust within your target audience.
Following your competitors’ back-links, you can assess their strategies to build links. You can also identify which type of link building they follow to rank organically on Google.
Link building makes a significant impact on a website’s dominance in search engine results. Link building is the backbone of an off-page SEO.