Blogging is rewarding in itself. There are million people who make good money blogging as a full time or a part-time. When I started blogging, my priority was to learn digital marketing. I spent plenty of my time researching for a free digital marketing course by digitaldeepak.com.
Over time, I learned that if a website owner does not generate revenue for his invested time or money or energy or all of them, it is useless to keep blogging when you have already invested on a few resources like Domain Name and Hosting for maintaining it.
There are a plenty of ways by means of which you can make a lot of money blogging. Let’s understand a few of them;
Affiliate Marketing is a commission based revenue generation system where you earn commission promoting other business’ products or services on your own website. An affiliate marketing has 4 key participants namely;
• Merchant (Business), who owns a product or a service and in order to increase its sales, opens an opportunity for website owners to promote its products or services by means of banners and the links.
• Publisher (You as an Affiliate), who signs up for the affiliate program of one or more businesses and promote the products or services on its website or on a social network.
• Network, which is a platform where a merchant registers to list their products or services while affiliates sign up to enroll in the affiliate marketing programs.
• Customer, who lands on a publisher’s website and makes a purchase by clicking on a link or a banner.
Once you have a blog or a website up and running and you manage to attract some traffic to it as well, you can go ahead and sign up for some of the major Affiliate networks like VCommission, Commission Junction, Impact Radius, Amazon Associates, ShareASale, eBay Partner Network, and so on.
Before you sign up for an affiliate program, make sure that you choose the Merchant based on the niche topic, you blog on. For example, if someone blog on digital marketing, he can target hosting and domain name companies, SEO companies, WordPress Themes, email marketing service companies, etc.
Similar to what Google Adsense offers in terms of monetizing a blog by placing textual and banner Ads, Infolinks also offers an opportunity for the website owners to place and display relevant ads to their visitors and get started on making revenue.
From what I have heard, thousands of bloggers have benefited from this Ad network and they are earning a 4-figure income. Infolinks uses a unique concept to place the different types of Ads on your website which are not only relevant to your content but also help you make money without being your readers getting pissed-off.
Unlike other advertising platforms over the internet, Infolinks offers unique and innovative Ad units which you can easily include on your website or a blog. All it takes is a click!!!
Infolinks Ads allow you to customize the behavior of the Infolinks script on your web pages. The Intext ads would appear on your text and every time a user hovers over to the text, an Ad appears.
The Intag ads would appear at the end of your post related to your website content. Below is the screenshot from my own blog.
This type of Ad unit allows you to incorporate attractive native video and display Ads. The screenshot below shows an InArticle Ad.
Inframe Ads would display attractive banner Ads in the margins of your website’s pages.
Follow the below steps to get started as a publisher for Infolinks:
1. Go to Infolinks Ads
2. Click on ‘Try it now’ below and register for free!
3. Put your website URL and sign up using your Facebook or Gmail or other email accounts.
4. Once you follow the above steps, you would receive an email confirmation from Infolinks.
5. Ideally, they will activate your account within a day and you would receive intimation via an email.
7. Customize the types of Ad units that you would like to display on your website.
8. Don’t forget to add your payment method as well. If you already have a Paypal Account, include that on the payments section of Infolinks.
Google AdSense is one of the most effective and popular ways to monetize your blog or a website. Once you start receiving traffic to your blog, you can always go ahead and register for an AdSense account which usually takes not more than a day to get an approval.
You can go ahead and register for Google AdSense from your existing Google account or you can also create a new account for that sake.
To register with Google AdSense, follow the below few steps;
1. Visit Google AdSense here.
2. On the top right corner of the page, click “SIGN IN”.
3. Choose your Google account you wish to login with.
4. Enter your Business details along with the URL.
5. Complete the Sign-up. You would receive a confirmation email.
6. Wait for about 1 day and you shall be notified by Google about the approval for the account.
Selling Own Products
Another way to monetize your blog is to create your own products like ebooks, courses, etc and publish them on portals like Notionpress, Amazon Kindle, and so on. You can also include those ebooks on your own website and promote it using Amazon Advertising, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and other means of promotion.
Before you consider this option of monetizing your website or a blog, make sure that you build a good list of subscribers for your blog and establish yourself as a leader for your Niche.
You can also take a look at some of the eBooks, I have already posted on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, and Notionpress.
There are unlimited opportunities in terms of monetizing your blog. All you have to focus on is “How to drive more and more traffic to your Blog”. The more the number of visitors to your website, higher is the potential to maximizing your earnings. Hope you liked this article. Thank you for going through my article. Should you come up with another good monetizing strategy, feel free to reach me by commenting on this post below.